Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yeah, that was a little profitable ...

I had reported a while back that I'd discovered a moon with a dead POS that had a bunch of things anchored around it.  Well, we talked it over and decided to take the gamble.  You see, some of those things that were anchored around that dead POS were pirate faction modules and are actually quite expensive.  We declared war, and spent about three hours making the POS go boom.  A few of the modules were stashed for future use by ourselves - but most of them have gone up for sale.  So far, we've made a small profit (approximately 30,000,000 ISK) after deducting the 50,000,000 ISK cost of bribing Concorde not to blow up our battleships in the multi-hour process.

I personally find it interesting that this (apparently) inactive corp removed and did something with all of the modules that were not related to defense - but left all the defenses hanging out there (especially those pirate faction ones).  One of my cohorts thought that the layout suggested that they'd been in the process of setting up the POS and went inactive before they finished.  I don't know.  I've never hung 18 cruise missile batteries around a POS (and even if I did, I would not put them all in the same spot).  My cohort may have a point (she usually does).  But, I'm not the POS defense expert...

Anyway... that's what we were up to two weeks ago.

Now, we're processing the massive changes to refining/reprocessing that CCP has announced here.  We have really not decided what to make of that whole set of changes yet.  Our mission running alts make a fair bit of their ISK from selling the loot/salvage that is profitable and reprocessing that which is not.  We certainly believe that this is going to change the balance point of what is and is not profitable.  I do expect that the crap buy orders that exist in the market will drop down to compensate so that they make money off the fools that sell to them even at the 55% maximum reprocessing rate.   However, I honestly cannot say that I disagree with these changes.  It makes absolute sense (having done a fair bit of tearing things apart in real life) that you don't get 100% of the parts that went into making the thing back for reuse when you tear it apart (especially after it has been through the war - in these cases, they certainly have been).

Enjoy your space time!
  Yinmatook

No comments:

Post a Comment